The Laboratory for Advanced System Software (LASS) and UMass Amherst are committed to preserving and maintaining the privacy of visitors to its Web sites.
When you access the LASS web page and all pages within the site, identified as lass.cs.umass.edu, your visit is not tracked by individual name or any other identifiable mark.
- Some computer information and automatic and optional information is collected. Automatic information includes:
- Client information: the Internet domain and Internet address of the computer you are using.
- Essential technical information: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
- The time that you sent an e-mail
- Your name, e-mail address, and the content of your e-mail.
- All the data you choose to fill in or confirm, including credit or debit card information if you are making a payment (e.g., to register for a technical workshop whose site is hosted on the LASS server) as well as information you fill in prior to downloading research software made available by our research group.